Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Ok, I lied

So I didn't keep up with the blog on our travels. However, my awesome travel-mate husband did on our other blog: http://dontnotice.blogspot.com - Check it out. We made it to Thailand and Laos... and what a fun trip it was! I can't wait to head that way again someday... Speaking of someday...

I am going to be volunteering in India for three months. And I leave super soon! I was so inspired by the people and culture, I had to fulfill a need within me to help others. India is one of the most populated countries with one of the highest poverty rates in the world. Helping the locals help themselves is what I want to accomplish while I am there. Teaching is a beautiful tool, when used correctly can enhance peoples' lives! And I am super pumped to be a part of it! April 18th I am taking off from Portland to Delhi for a cultural week full of classes and sight-seeing, then will be shipped up to Palampur (close to Dharamsala) for the next 12 weeks. A host family in the village is providing me with a room, shower and three Indian meals a day. I will be working 6 days a week, so at the end of my placement I scheduled 2 weeks to travel around since I am there! Hopefully this is when Ben can join me :)

Peace. Love. India.

P.S. I got told on the street today that I look like an actress named Vanessa Redgrave... I had to post a photo... do you see it? I don't!


1 comment:

dreamery said...

Darcy...you're way prettier than her. And I have to hear about India! Sounds amazing...can I come visit too? ;)