Sunday, June 17, 2007

How to make your own Tie-Up sandals

I got a little creative and decided that I wanted a pair of those "lace-up" sandals, so I searched around the house and created my very own pair.

Because I love sharing ideas, here's how to make a pair for yourself... pretty easy, no glue, or sewing, unless you want to...


Items needed:
- pair of flip-flop sandals
- scissors
- ribbon, rope, yarn, hemp...
- matches






I will make this as simple as possible.

1. cut four pieces of ribbon the same lengths, you might want to tie it around your ankels to know how much you will need
2. use the matches to burn the cut edges. Do not light it on fire, just bring it close to the flame and it will melt the ribbon to prevent fraying.
3. tie one strip on each end of the sandal, I just used double knots, but you could also sew it on as well.
4. Done. LOVE.

Total time: about 5 minutes.

I think I am going to try to rig something up so I can have inter-changable laces in various colors, then it's only one pair of shoes, and 50cent ribbon... I love deals.

No comments: