Friday, January 25, 2008

baby hoodie.

So, since I made a baby girl sweater a few posts ago, I had to try to make this hoodie. I used a pattern found on the Bernat website. (Baby Hoodie) I guess I have just been so thrilled that I can actually make clothing that I have been going a little overboard. Oh well, a little warmth never hurt anyone (unless you a homeless guy on a corner by a bagel shop, who, when offered a bagel refuses because he doesn't like what's in the bagel)
+.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~.+
Now, I didn't have much for buttons and I was trying to go for a real simple look, so although they are bold, I think it works!
+.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~.+
The pattern I used was for a 12 month old, but the hood turned out to be a bit big.
+.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~.+

When the hood is down, as you can see, the sweater looks a little better. Come to think about it, babies and toddlers do have bigger heads in comparison to their bodies, so it might be a good fit!
+.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~.+

+.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~.+

I am not quite sure if the buttons will hold with the loops I made. Trial and error seems to be my way of making things. With this hoodie, I tried a zipper first, only to tear it out and replace it with buttons. When I sent it to my friend, I told her in the note to make any changes if it doesn't work when she puts it on her baby. The only model I have is my cat.... and well.... she doesn't appreciate being dressed, at all.
+.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~.+
On another note... it has been dry all week here and the weather has been shinning down on some lovely sun-filled mornings. It has been perfect for those late morning strolls through the park, but still brisk enough to make you chill a little :)
+.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~.+
+.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~.+
+.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~.+
+.peace.love.warm sun.+

No comments: