Sunday, January 13, 2008

ride.

Yesterday, finally, we seriously got on our bikes. It was a day of sprinkles, but since moving here, it's just something you deal with. The rain is just another daily occurrence, like wind or snow.
+.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~.+
We haven't really had a good ride in two months. Two months is a long time when riding up a huge mound! We rode to the top of Mt. Tabor and down around the city. We stopped for some tea, coffee and vegan muffins at The Fresh Pot on Hawthorne. We totaled around 16 miles. It was quite enjoyable! I really miss my bike, and my bike misses the pavement.
When returning home, I referenced this great book I received for the holidays from my sister-in-law. I have been slowly turning vegan and looking at cookbooks, to my surprise I got one in the mail. love.
Ben received bicycle pasta :) Although not completely vegan (there are egg whites in the ingredients) I decided to whip up a rewarding and healthy meal to replenish us after a long journey!

Basil pesto steamed veggies (red pepper, broccoli, mushrooms, red onion, tomatoes) on top of Italian seasoned olive oil bicycle pasta, side salad, lemon water, and of course a couple of brews!

+.peace.love.bicycle pasta.+

No comments: